Delve Into The History of WI-FI
WiFi, since its inception, has been crucial in ensuring our connectivity both at home and when in public. Everywhere we go, we now anticipate a certain level of connectivity, and we frequently rely on WiFi to keep up our organisation, productivity, and even health and safety. WiFi, since its inception, has been crucial in ensuring our connectivity both at home and when in public. But how many of us are fully aware of the background of WiFi technology? Furthermore, how much further has it come in 20 years?
When did WiFi Get its Start?
Dual Antenna Wi-Fi has undergone several phases to become what we know today. Here is a brief run through the history of the creation of Wi-Fi.
- Year 1985 - The U.S. Federal Communications Commission ruled the release of parts of the ISM bands for unlicensed communication usage.
- Year 1991 - WaveLAN, a predecessor to 802.11was developed by the NCR Corporation and AT&T Corporation in The Netherlands in 1991 to use in cashier systems. Vic Hayes of NCR and Bruce Tuch of Bell Labs were engaged in developing the early 802.11b and 802.11a IEEE standards.
- Year 1992 - Researchers from the Radiophysics Division of the CSIRO in Australia created a test bed prototype for a wireless local area network (WLAN).
- Year 1997 - The first version of the 802.11 protocol that offered up to 2 Mbit/s link speeds was released.
- Year 1999 - 802.11b was updated to permit 11 Mbit/s link speeds, and WiFi was finally launched for home use. Furthermore, the Wi-Fi Alliance was established as a trade group to protect the Wi-Fi trademark used to sell most products in the same year. A major commercial breakthrough came when Apple Inc. adopted Wi-Fi for their laptop line of iBooks.
Buy the Best Dual WiFi Antenna
Are you looking for a strong Wi-Fi connection cause you just cannot take paused work calls? Undoubtedly, our lives today are incomplete without a proper internet connection. Do you want to enjoy fast internet surfing and buffer-free gaming at lightning speed? Verilux’s Dual WiFi Antenna is meticulously designed to make your life easy. Here is a sneak peek into its best features of it:
- Improve Signal: Its dual band 2.4GHz/5.8GHz aids in extending range & increasing WiFi & Bluetooth performance for numerous receiving devices.
- Compatibility: It is widely compatible with PC desktop computer external WiFi USB adapter, Belkin Wifi Router, AV Transmitter, wireless security cameras, Wireless Bluetooth HSDPA UMTS DCS Antenna Connector, TP-Link, D-Link, Netgear, built-in WiFi Bluetooth motherboard, WiFi card, FPV, PCI PCIe network and Mobile Hotspots for 2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, GSM
- Super Antennae: The Dual WiFi Antenna base comes with a strong magnet, conveniently attached to a metal shell surface.
- Flexible Installation: To upgrade your desktop, insert the adapter into an available PCI-E slot.
- Premium Quality: Premium SMA connectors are easy to replace, have universal compatibility, and have improved transmission sensitivity to prevent frame loss. For more steady signal transmission, the cord uses thicker copper wire.
So, wait no more and get this Dual WiFi Antenna now!